Senior citizens who do not seek degree credit may audit undergraduate courses only on a space available basis. Consent of the instructor is required. The instructor will determine the acceptable level of participation of the auditor. The instructor also has the authority to disenroll any auditor that is not adhering to the criteria set forth by the instructor. The senior audit does not apply to online, laboratory or studio classes.
Senior Citizen Audit requirements are as follows:
- The senior auditor must have reached 62 years of age on or before the first day of classes and provide proof of age at time of registration.
- The senior auditor must be a resident of the State of Connecticut. Residency must be notated in the Student Administration system at the time of registration.
- The senior citizen audit applies to the Fall and Spring semesters only. It does not apply to winter intersession and summer session classes.
- Registration cannot be done until the 10th day of classes. Seniors may attend the first ten days of classes and obtain the signature of the instructor during this time.
Registration procedures are as follows:
- Complete a Non-Degree Application before attending courses. The application is available four weeks before the semester begins.
- If the application is approved, complete and submit the Special Non-Degree Registration Request with the instructor’s signature to their local Registrar’s office.
- Submit payment of $15.00 to their local Bursar’s office.
Please contact the Bursar’s Office at 860-486-4830 with questions in regard to tuition waivers for senior citizens looking to receive credit for courses.
A full listing of courses by semester is available in the Student Administration System. Once on the login page, click on “Welcome Guests” in the upper right hand corner.