The Office of the Registrar provides specific services for the University’s non-degree study students. Its staff creates and manages academic records, registers students, and processes grades.

Non-Degree Study allows individuals who have not been formally accepted into degree-seeking status at UConn to take undergraduate or graduate level credit courses. General questions regarding registration, grades, and records may be addressed to the Registrar’s staff, either by:

Registration as a non-degree student is on a space-available basis. If you have questions, contact a non-degree academic advisor for assistance. Credits earned from UConn courses are transferable to most other institutions. Credits earned may also be used toward acceptance into specific UConn degree programs, with some restrictions.

Avery Point Campus

Advisor: Johnny Banks
Phone: 860-405-9190

Hartford Campus

Advisor: Melissa Manning
Phone: 959-200-3835

Stamford Campus

Advisor: Jennifer Testin
Phone: 203-251-8566

Storrs Campus

Advisor: Patricia Harkins
Phone: 860-486-4670

Waterbury Campus

Advisor: Jamie Caruso
Phone: 203-236-9932

Previous and Dismissed Students

Previous students may contact their previous school or advisor for advising assistance.

Dismissed students must contact their previous school for approval to register as a Non-Degree Student.

Students who have been dismissed from their undergraduate careers must meet with a designated Non-Degree advisor in their previous school/college in order to receive assistance identifying appropriate coursework and to have their advising hold lifted.

See Non-Degree Advisor Contacts on the Scholastic Standing website for a directory of contacts for previously dismissed students.